Skip to main content

2025 Reading Challenges

 So, I am trying to set some reading goals or challenges for myself this year. There is nothing too crazy. The goal is 25 books for the year. This can include manga and graphic novels. The big ones are more about getting out of my reading comfort zone.  Some are also just kind of... just because goals.  

Goal One: Read at least two fantasy books this year

Fantasy has always been a genre I struggle with. While I love the Discworld books, and Lightning Struck Heart by TJ Klune, high fantasy specifically tends to send me running in the other direction. This year I am going to to make it a goal to really give a good fantasy a solid try.  I was going to also do this for sci-fi, but I seem to have a much easier time in that genre. Especially Space Opera.  Shards of Honour was my jam! 

Progress: 0 out of 2 books read

Goal Two: Read the "Vivid Girl" books

This one is more of a "why the hell not" challenges. I bought the books for my media tie in collection, and I already read one of them, so might as well. I am going to space these out for my own mental health, and I always hold the right to DNF. 

Progress: 1 out of 4 books read

Goal Three: Read at least one classic novel

I have always struggled with reading what many would consider classic literature. The writing style, pacing and more conservative morals tend to make me put the books down.  This year, however, I plan on biting the bullet, and giving at least one classic novel a serious chance.  Pride & Prejudice & Zombies does not count. (I am reading that one for my office book club)

Progress: 0 out of 1 books read

Goal Four: Finish A Manga Series- Marmalade Boy

I have a problem with finishing series! I always tend to freeze up when I get to the last book. Well, this year I am going to make it through a series.  I have been slowly making my way through the Marmalade Boy series, and this year I am going to finish it off. This only pertains to the original series. I don't believe the sequel series has actually been translated into English as of right now. 

Progress: 3 out of 5 books read

Overall, my goal is to read 25 books minimum, which I already have... 5 done.  So I'm off to a good start!

Overall Progress: 5 out of 25 books read

So, those are my goals as of right now. I might add some more, or I may decide that I just am not up to some of them. Who knows. I will update on here, though, as I make progress. 

Wish me luck!

Comments